Archive for March, 2011

Late Night Progress

March 16, 2011

It’s been a while my last post but that’s actually a good thing. I’ve been so busy working on the project I hadn’t had time for posting blog posts. I thought I’d post a quick update to let everyone know how the project is progressing.

I’ve been stressing over the quiz results and how the code would work. I got into a large issue with movieclips calling other movieclips (apparently they don’t like doing that) , layers needing to operate on top and under other layers at the same time, (basically some sort of impossible group sandwich), I really need to keep vectoring images for next week’s presentation to the class but I couldn’t focus on anything else until I got the final element of code working. (I lied, I also need to create a randomizer at some point but I think I know how to do it…conceptually)

I am happy to announce that the quiz results are fully functional and look pretty good as well. Staying up was definitely worth it and now I should be able to sleep a little easier knowing that portion is functioning. (I apologize in advance for my tiredness tomorrow morning in class.) It turns out the solution to my issues was not a complex obscure coding technique but a practical use of colour blending/revealing. I would go into the process more but I don’t want to give all my secrets away…the important thing is, it works and works well.

In other project-related news, I am considering binding the different information pages together to create a physical book which will allow gradshow guests to browse through the topics right from my booth. My next step in the process is getting more visual info slides on to the interface before next week’s presentation! But for now I’m off to bed.